A safe and comfortable alternative...
For infusion therapies not suitable for home administration, our onsite ambulatory infusion suite (AIS) is an excellent alternative to receiving treatments in a hospital. Infusion therapies requiring extended cycles, for example, once every 3-4 weeks or every other month, or those requiring extended infusion times (3-5 hours) are commonly administered in our AIS. Our home infusion patients may also use the infusion suite for training or nurse assessment visits.
Home Care I.V. onsite AIS services include:
- administration of extended infusions;
- blood transfusions;
- insertion and removal of different types of IV devices;
- programming portable pumps;
- filling and programming implanted infusion pumps;
- administration of first-dose; and
- education/training for patients and caregivers.
The infusion suites are decorated and equipped to provide a safe, private, home-like environment. Our three chair Ambulatory Infusion Suite offers:
- convenient access to near-by physician offices and clinics and the St. Charles Medical Center campus;
- X-ray and laboratory services located nearby;
- flexible scheduling;
- comfortable reclining lounge chairs;
- warm blankets; and
- cable TV and a DVD Player.
Ambulatory People.....Use our Ambulatory Infusion Suite!!