Ask your pharmacist - they're a drug expert...
The modern pharmacy facility at Home Care I.V. was built to provide a safe and efficient environment for the preparation of sterile infusion medications and intravenous nutrition formulas. Our pharmacy staff has over 100 years of combined experience in managing the formulation and dispensing of infusion medications.
A home infusion pharmacist plays many important roles, twenty-four hours a day - seven days a week. The pharmacists at Home Care I.V.
- set-up medication profiles and conduct drug utilization reviews;
- develop and implement patient care plans;
- monitor for potential drug interactions;
- complete initial and ongoing pharmacy patient assessments and provide clinical monitoring;
- review and interpret patient lab test results;
- perform clinical monitoring, pharmacokinetic dosing and recommend dosage or medication changes based on clinical findings
- provide professional and cognitive services as needed to clinically manage the patient’s pharmacy care.
The Certified Pharmacy Technicians at Home Care I.V. have many years of experience in infusion medication preparation and are skilled in the exacting demands involved with these medications. Our technicians are licensed by the Oregon Board of Pharmacy as Certified Pharmacy Technicians (CPhT).