A local home infusion provider means responsible, responsive and flexible care...
The majority, by far, of home infusion therapies are intravenously administered antibiotics prescribed primarily for such diagnoses as cellulitis, sepsis and osteomyelitis. Other diagnoses treated with intravenous antibiotics include urinary tract infections, pneumonia, sexually transmitted diseases, sinusitis and other significant infections that do not respond to oral antibiotics.
Other major home I.V. therapies we provide include
- total parenteral nutrition
- pain management
- enteral nutrition
- IV immune globulin
- growth hormone
- hydration for hyperemesis of pregnancy or dehydration
- rheumatoid arthritis (Remicade, Orencia, Rituxumab)
- bladder irrigation solutions
- specialty opthalmic preparations
- chelation therapy for excess iron ( deferoxamine)
- hypercalcemia therapy with pamidronate infusion
- osteoporosis therapy with Boniva injections
- post operative pain management, anti-emetics and hydration
- Tysabri (administered in strict accordance with the Tysabri TOUCH program and only in Home Care I.V.'s ambulatory infusion center) THIS MEDICATION MAY NOT BE ADMINISTERED IN THE HOME
SPECIAL NOTE: On June 5, 2006 the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved the reintroduction of Tysabri for relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis. It is to be used as single drug therapy, and it is recommended that it not be given concurrently with antineoplastics, immunosuppressants or immunomodulating agents.
Because of the risk of PML (Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy), Tysabri is available only through a special restricted distribution program called the TOUCH Prescribing Program. In order for a physician to prescribe, pharmacy to dispense or infusion center to administer Tysabri, the organization must be registered with the TOUCH program.
TYSABRI may only be administered in a supervised health care facility such as Home Care I.V.'s Ambulatory Infusion Suite.
Home Care I.V. of Bend has been enrolled in the TOUCH program and has been providing infusions of Tysabri for patients who are enrolled in and meet the conditions of the TOUCH Prescribing Program. For a list of physicians registered in the TOUCH Prescribing Program in our area, please contact us at the above phone number and we can provide the information.
If you would like more information about Tysabri, you can visit their website at www.tysabri.com or call 1-800-456-2255 Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m to 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time. Feel free to contact a clinician at HomeCare I.V. of Bend, Inc. for further information about Tysabri therapy.